Before a brand debuts in a foreign market, we need to establish how it will be perceived there. Indeed, linguistic and cultural differences can result in quite unexpected interpretations.
- Simplify the message to facilitate its smooth translation;
- Avoid idiomatic expressions and buzzwords, instead write in a universally understandable manner;
- Pay attention to local customs and cultural norms, your own and in the target market, to avoid embarrassing mistakes and unwanted interpretations;
- Keep all written work consistent.
We evaluate brand and product names, sales literature and service descriptions in the context of your target market, identifying any potential linguistic or cultural barriers. We examine the meanings, impact, tone, content, format and all other characteristics of your communications from the perspective of the specific market and culture. As a result, you can avoid problems with unexpected customer reactions, while your brand and product names appear in search engines in a form that is best optimised for the target market environment.
Our localisation advice services include:
- Linguistic reviewing of your current company and product names;
- Checking for potentially offensive or embarrassing linguistic associations;
- Establishing similarity to other words in a given language;
- Analysing your logo for similarities or associations with other symbols;
- Reviewing your source texts in terms of their suitability for foreign audiences;
- Checking the meaning and impact of pictures and illustrations within a specific culture circle;
- Localisation of advertising slogans.